Saturday, September 5, 2009

I have arrived :)

So I'm here. I flew into San Pedro Sula yesterday and rode 3 hours up in to the mountains to get to Copán Ruinas, a very beautiful town nestled in the mountains along the Honduran border with Guatemala.

I've met the Urban Promise Honduras team, and they're great. Matt, Blair, and Rachel are the three "staffers" here, the ones in it for the long haul. There is one other volunteer here, Alex. She arrived with me and will be here for 4 months (as opposed to my 2 month commitment). We are due to get another volunteer in our midst in a few weeks.

We will start orientation on Monday. For now, Alex and I are just getting to know the team and the town. We're meeting friends and making connections. It's been great.

Life and ministry here are very different from what I experienced in Mexico. However, I am trying to keep the wise words of Rick Romano in my mind and heart, as I try not to make comparisons and see what God has for me here without constantly measuring it against Mexico.

Thanks for all your prayers! I will be trying to write as frequently as possible on this short experience here, and as I try to find out where God wants me next.

No comments: