Monday, October 19, 2009

¡Field Day!

Every Friday at Camp Hope we have "Friday Fun Day". This week, it was my turn to plan the fun festivities. As I thought about what we could do, I remembered how much fun it was to have Field Day at Baker School as a kid. There was nothing better than running around, racing, doing silly tasks, and getting to act like a wild kid in the middle of a field. I still would venture to say that very little can rival the joy that comes from a day like this, and last Friday is proof of that theory.


After snack, we took the kids out to the soccer field in the community, broke them into teams, and let the games begin! We did all sorts of classic relays, from the balloon hitting race to passing an orange down the line with your neck. One of the most unexpected highlights was having half the community come out and watch as we whooped and hollered and carried on like Maurice Sendak's "Wild Things". And, as the leader of the pack, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the teams calmed down when it was time to move onto the next relay.

Camp isn't just about fun and games, but let's be honest: Field Day definitely was.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally loved Field Day!! That was such a great idea to do it with them. Love you, pretty face.

Artemis said...

Hey Kourtney, your life sounds alot simpler and funner than mine boohoo :( Keep me in your prayers if you think to. I am struggling with alot of confusion.