Monday, May 31, 2010

el gozo no se me acaba

i'm back in Ensenada for the week. 'nuf said. :)

The pastors are here in the ministry center, still with the same antics. Still with the same carefree joking and teasing. Still drinking coffee and chatting a while before getting to work. Some things never change.

We saw Rick and Tammie on Saturday night when we got in. And the swelling in my heart hasn't gone down since. It's funny how you miss people you love when you're not around them--and goodness knows I've missed them--but it's funny how you almost miss people more right when you see them. Upon seeing them you remember everything you miss about them and how important they are in your life.

I got to go to Faustino and Tomasa's church yesterday. Faustino, in his classic white button-down and dress pants was walking towards the end of his driveway, taking care of business before the service had to start--30-45 min late as usual. But that worked to my advantage because I got to go into the house, see Tomasa, Sofía, and Chava, and spend some time talking to them before I went into church.

I walked back towards the house and the first person I saw was Chava. He turned, saw me, squared off, dropped his jaw, and stood there staring. I think he may have thought I wasn't actually there. He stayed that way until I was right in front of him and scooped him up into my arms. Once I was hugging him, I heard the bubbling giggles. He remembers me. He still loves me.

"I'm happy to be here" doesn't even begin to cover it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww i'm so happy for your reunion. how long are you back there? i'm assuming its honduras where you did the mission work last year?

Unknown said...

I was actually in Ensenada, MX. I was there for a week visiting. Just got back into town today. :)