Thursday, July 9, 2009

Prayer Requests

There is a boy named Misael at the Boys' Home. He is 9 years old but is delayed and is only developed as far as a 6 year-old. Whenever I have gone to the Boys' Home, he has grabbed my heart in a very special way because it is obvious that he needs some one patient to love him. Juan and Rossy do an amazing job at that. Every time I have seen Misael, one of the first questions he asks me is, "When is my mom coming back to get me?" Despite being very well taken care of, the mind of a 6 year-old does not understand why he is in a home away from his mother. In talking to Juan, I found out that one of Misael's biggest fears is that his mother would not ever come back for him.

Last night, we found out that Misael's mother, who had been sick with cancer, and had been in the hospital for two weeks with a brain hemorrhage, passed away. Upon hearing this news, I couldn't keep the tears from flowing out of my eyes. My heart broke for this little boy who was already confused and living many different trials, and now had lost his mother.

Misael is now with his sister, who is a minor, and who is trying not to lose custody of him. Juan and Rossy are trying to help the family do what is best for Misael.

Please be praying for Misael, his family, Juan, and Rossy as they sort through this situation.

No comments: