Saturday, July 25, 2009

A quick update

I owe the world a newsletter. I am aware of this. I will get around to it soon, I promise.

We just finished a week with 81 group members and we were at a different site than our home-base. So needless to say, we all worked hard and were exhausted. Being as exhausted as we were, our immune systems were way down, and each an every one of us caught a stomach bug that had been passed around the whole visiting group. It was crazy to watch everyone slowly drop, but God was gracious with His timing, because we were still able to get everything done! It was also extremely fortunate that it was only a 36-hour bug.

It was a good week. I learned a lot about serving with a joyful heart, and enjoyed getting to know some of the leaders and students in the group. There was one young lady named Courtney, which gave us an instant bond. I have never heard my name called more times in a week than I did this past week, but 75% of the time, they were calling the other Courtney, which makes sense. Finally they differentiated and I became "Kourtney with a K", something I have long been used to.

I have to start packing up my stuff here, something that is extremely bittersweet. I am excited to see my family and friends at home, hug my mom, reconnect with so many people that I haven't seen in a year, and head out on the next stage in my journey with God. But on the flip side, my heart breaks knowing that my time here has come to an end. I think about having to say goodbye to so many people that have special places in my heart, and it brings tears to my eyes. I think about not having a way to talk to Sofía and encourage her, and I feel a heaviness deep within my soul.

Please pray for me as I am in this last month here in Mexico. I leave three weeks from today and these next three weeks may possibly be the hardest I will experience here.

1 comment:

Artemis said...

That seems messed up you would say God is gracious for allowing you to get sick, but not allowing it to affect his project, but what ever. I am sad to hear you are going, because you guys were a help to me.

Also wondering where your worksite is, exactly.