Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Baptisms!

On October 5, 2008 I was baptized on the Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Baja California, Mexico.

This is something I have been thinking about doing for a long time, but waiting for confirmation from God.

Mat. 28:19, 20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that baptism saves you, but Jesus DID command his disciples to go out and baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Baptism is done when someone repents of their sins and turns to God as an outward sign of our commitment to follow Christ. It is a symbol of my willingness and commitment to live with Christ and partake in His life, death, and resurrection. I was baptized as a baby in the Episcopal Church, but that was not my decision. Since I HAVE made a decision as an adult to follow Christ, I wanted to make that declaration for myself and obey His command to be baptized as a believer.

There were 6 of us who were baptized, two at a time. It was really awesome to be baptized with these people, especially Chuy and Leo, a couple from Reynerio's church. They recently made the decision to follow Christ and are SO on fire! They were both so excited to be baptized. I've been able to get to know them better in these past two months and they have a VERY special place in my heart.

Below is a slideshow of some of the things we've done in October -- the concert, the baptisms, and Beer-in-the-Rear Chicken (HEY! it merited photos!)... enjoy!

No comments: