Sunday, January 11, 2009

I <3 Leadership Development

Call it beginner's enthusiasm, call it naivete, call it the JOY of the LORD, but I am so excited about developing leaders in Camino de Cristo. I've been working there for almost 2 months now (but with a 3 week break due to travels and groups) and I've been praying that we would be able to begin training up someone from the congregation to lead the children. I've been leading the kids myself and loving every minute, but I see the danger of my always doing it--when I leave, the church and the children will be no better off than before I came.

Today, however, marked an exciting beginning. Hermana Cuquita joined me for Children's Worship during today so she could begin getting an idea of how to do it herself (aka the beginning of leadership training!). She expressed lack of confidence in her ability and knowledge about teaching children, but she has a willing heart, and with God's mercy, the rest will come with time. :)

We have a meeting on Wednesday of this week to plan for next Sunday and to talk through how we want to work with the kids together. Hopefully this will become a regular thing and as we build her up as the new children's leader, we can build a good relationship between the two of us as well. I'm really excited to see how God unfolds this!

Please be praying for our meeting on Wednesday. Please be praying for Cuquita as God builds in to her. Please pray for me as I tread new grounds of leadership development while still wading through cultural and linguistic differences. Pray that we would be of one mind, one heart, and one spirit.

No comments: