Sunday, June 21, 2009

Answered Prayers

Lucía is getting baptized! :)

Lucía is a woman that I have had the pleasure of watching grow over the past months in her faith and commitment to the Lord at Camino de Cristo. She started off extremely timid and barely wanted to pray in front of anyone. She's been one of the most faithful members of the prayer meetings on Tuesday nights, which tend to be smaller. She has begun sharing ideas and interest in participating in ministry, and really wants to serve. She approached Faustino about singing worship, and I'm so encouraged by her desire to step up.

As a step of faith and obedience, she wants to be baptized before leading worship with the team (ps- we HAVE a team now, which is a blessing in and of itself!). It is a huge encouragement and it makes Tomasa tear up just thinking about it.

God's timing continues to amaze me. I had been discouraged for a while at the lack of commitment in the church and how people really didn't seem to be stepping up. I felt like nothing was moving forward and that nothing was going to ever move forward. But God called me to be faithful to the ministry and to faithfully pray for Faustino and Tomasa and the whole church. I know I'm not the only one praying for them, and that alone is an encouragement.

So as God is answering these prayers, I am reminded that God doesn't work on a human timeline--and I'm thankful for that. His timing is perfect and there is a reason why He is building up Camino de Cristo now, and not four months ago. I cannot claim to know what that reason is, but I do know that the God that gathers that water of the sea into jars and puts the deep into storehouses knows what He's doing. :)

No comments: