Wednesday, May 25, 2011

getting cozy

i've hit the two-week mark, and yet it feels like i've been here forever [in a good, comfortable way]. i know where to shop, i know the names of the store owners. people know me on the street, and we greet each other as we pass.

i've been working on getting information, curriculum, and registration together for the two bilingual camps for UPH. youth come in and say hello, start conversations, ask questions. children stop by to visit after school before they head home for lunch. they give us bone-crushing hugs, and it's great.

my desk has my fingerprints all over it. i've made it mine. i gaze up at pictures of family, friends, and fiancée. i have it organized in a way that makes me comfortable. i'm getting cozy.

there have been quite a few days, while "taking care of business" that i stop short and think "this is my job. i'm working right now." and then i am exceedingly grateful that i get to do this. PRAISE GOD! He has blessed me immeasurably more than i deserve.

No comments: