Thursday, September 11, 2008

Much overdue photos

So to the left is our back deck. That big black tank is our clean water. We have to have a guy come fill it once every couple weeks (or when it's low)... haha.





Above is our bedroom a few days after arrival. We tried to make it homey. Haha. With the lack of dressers and nowhere to hang wet towels, we made due with what we had! :)

To the left is the dining hall, our living room. In this pic we have it set up for the group and we're eating Posole with the group from Big Bear, CA.



This is the view to the right of our back balcony. Maneadero is surrounded by mountains. I was told if someone from Montana knew that I was calling these "mountains" that I would get laughed at... but to this jersey girl... these are mountains.


Terrible picture above, but I drive in Mexico. Scary thought, I know. But hey... all those years of driving the burris bus did me good!

To the left, I'm playing guitar... haha. Obvious, huh? I'm learning. I was probably being corrected in this picture, hence the confused face.

Above is our absolutely very first picture in Mexico. Here we're in Santo Tomas (a very little village town thing in the mountains) at the opening ceremony of a Boys' Home. We'd been up for about 20hrs at this point... haha


On the left I'm sitting wit Lydia, a young girl from the church in Ruben's neighborhood. We went to Awana and I was helping her memorize her scripture. She speaks english and spanish and it was really fun to get to share with her in both languages. She's a really sweet girl!


On the right above is the "stage" at the opening ceremony at the Boys' Home. Miguel is on guitar, his wife, Adriana is in the dress, Leyda is in the green pants and Sammy, her husband, is on piano. Little did I know that these were the very people I would be seeing on a regular basis and hanging out with for a year!


So there you have it... a little taste of Mexico. There are more pics on Facebook, but senz explanations. :o)

No comments: